Position: Project Managers
Return to job listings
Position: Project Manager-Marine Construction
Job Summary and Key Objectives
· Supervise each area of the assigned project including subcontractors, direct labor supervisors, and material handling to meet expectations of the Operations Manager.
· Coordinate production between all craft labor to achieve production goals and efficiency. Maintain production pace by working side by side with the production supervisors to show what is expected.
· Develop a daily production plan and assign necessary labor to implement. This will include an alternative if weather interrupts the normal operation.
· Communicate daily with QC Manager or client inspector to verify hold point inspections have been completed and the production process can move forward. Communication with the QC Manager should also include any information pertinent to the quality of the production process.
· Schedule and maintain inventory to keep up with production goals. This will include any items needed in the production process.
· Provide technical expertise and coaching to resolve any production issues and verifying the execution of corrective actions.
· Suggesting and driving changes in working environment conditions and equipment usage to increase the overall efficiency of the production operation.
· Responsible for keeping crew moral at a high level so that it reflects on the quality of the product being produced.
· Maintain good housekeeping practices in the office and yard areas to ensure a safe and clean work environment.
· Monitor and maintain preventive maintenance program.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change order management.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures. Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices. Knowledge of communication and public relation techniques. Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and private industry to work effectively with a wide range of clients in a diverse community.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years experience in the heavy marine construction industry, preferably with progressive levels of responsibility and a history of managing multiple Project Managers, Superintendents and/or support personnel.
- A four-year Bachelor's degree. A postgraduate degree in construction management is an added advantage.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel.
- Able to influence and motivate people to act.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Exhibit good judgment in matters involving quality of performance.
- Meets deadlines in an environment of interruptions
- Able to work effectively with many different personality types.
- Possess and demonstrate values of honesty, integrity, reliability and consistency.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic.
- Is inquisitive and has good problem solving skills.
- Well organized.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Receptive to change.
- Good classroom and practical trainer
- An effective planner and continually uses foresight.
- A good listener and communicator.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Able to confront issues and hold others accountable, but still treats them with dignity and respect.
Precon Marine is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.